>

Friday, January 14, 2011

Hey..

I am sorry for not posting I really am! even if I don't get as many comments as I would like but today I am going to do a couple Recipes that of course I cant have but wish I could...

Red Velvet:

3 eggs
½ cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
¾ cup unsalted butter
2 cups Flour
1 and a ½ tsp baking soda
1 and a ½ tsp baking powder

Preparation for Red Velvet

Preheat the oven at 180 degrees C. Grease and prepare two 9 inch cake tins.
Add the cocoa to about a cup of boiling water and blend in well till it forms a smooth paste. Keep aside.

Beat together butter and sugar till light. Then add the eggs, all the time beating well with an electric mixer or blender. Stir this mixture into the cooled cocoa paste.
The four, baking soda and baking powder are to be sifted together. Then fold in the cocoa and butter mixture, adding sour cream little by little. Make sure it is not over-beaten.

Divide the batter into two moulds and bake till well browned. Cool on a rack.

This cake needs frosted icing which can be done in various flavors.


This will taste amazing I hope you guys will try it :)

GB

Galadheil Silini Lothnes

No comments: